Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Games under attack: Addiction and Violence

I think nowadays many of us (teenagers) mis-use the benefits of computers. Ya, although computers help us a lot in doing our works, researchs and lots more. It save more time and faster. However, we mis-use it. Normally, we use it to play games and facebook-ing. Gaming not cannot but we must know how to control and manage our times. Don't just sit there twenty four seven just playing games. Guys, you all don't think that don't have this kind of people living among us.

No need to talk about the others, I can be one of the example of addicter from games. For example, when I'm still in high school, I try before play games for 1 week none stop. I didn't go to school, even tuition. I just sit in front of the computer playing this game call 'Warcraft 3: DOTA'. I started to play this game was when I'm still in form 1. My brother taught me how to play this game. At first, I think it was very interesting and fun so I continue till I'm very good in it already. Me and my friends always met in the CyberCafe just to play this game team by team. Sometime, we talk about it at school too. We talk about the strategies of winning the game. I know I'm already in the addicted condition but I still can't stop playing. I can even wake up in the mid-night just to play the game. You can see how strong is the influences and addiction from the game.

Besides that, nowadays, most of the kids know what is War Of Warcraft, Grand Thief Auto, Counter Strike, Half Life, Hitman, Doom, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy and lots more. All this games can be say the violence game but still lots of people love to play them. This is because their life style, what they expose to. For example, one of my friend's brother, since he was young, he always watch those fighting movie and because of that he always fight with his friends at school even at house he fight with him brother which is my good friend. I think maybe this kid get expose too much on those violant movie and games.

In addition, this is a true story. It just happend to me. One of my neighbour, he past away when he playing the game name Left 4 Dead by Valve. This is a violence and horror game. Its all about zombies and the whole city left 4 survivals which trying to survive from these zombies. The zombies are everywhere and they will attack anytime. He play this game and suddenly he caught up the heart attack. I think because of accident and at the same time the he was shocked. Before he past away, he told his close friend that he don't want to die in the CyberCafe so his friends quickly send him back to his house but is too late. We all are very sad after hearding this incident. If he didn't think of that game, he might still alive but because he is one of the game addicter and this is the result. Accident then should rest more not play more. (^^)

Not that playing games are wrong but remember don't get too addicted and keep our mind clear don't just thinking of the game all the time. Too much gaming will effect our healthiness. So, just be aware of being too addicted towards gaming. Save yourselves!!

This is the link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/6041337/Average-age-of-adult-computer-game-addicts-is-35-US-study-shows.html

No comments:

Post a Comment